The kitchen is the heart of your home. It’s where you cook, eat and entertain family and friends. Your kitchen should be a place that reflects who you are, as well as what makes you happy. If it doesn’t do this for you, then maybe it’s time to consider custom cabinets.
Custom cabinetry can make or break any room in your house. The right design will add character while also making cooking easier than ever before. From modern kitchens with sleek lines to traditional homes with warm wood tones, there are many options available when designing your dream kitchen.
If you’re looking into adding some new storage space to your existing kitchen, there are many ways to maximize every inch of countertop real estate with custom cabinetry. A custom kitchen done right will create more workspace without sacrificing precious square footage.
Simply put at their most basic level, custom kitchen cabinets stand apart from stock options because they are built from scratch by an experienced cabinetmaker using materials specifically chosen to match your style preferences. This means no two custom cabinets look alike because they were designed individually based upon your specific needs. This means you get exactly what you want and what you need! Continue reading to learn more about how custom kitchen cabinets could be beneficial to you and your family!
What Exactly Can Custom Kitchen Cabinetry Do for Me?
There are so many benefits to having custom kitchen cabinets installed in your home. Some of these include:
- Increased Storage Space – With custom cabinet designs, you have access to all kinds of different types of drawers and shelves. You’ll find everything from large pantry spaces to small cupboards perfect for storing spices and other essentials. These features allow you to organize items better than if they were just sitting on top of each other. This means less clutter and more convenience.
- More Countertops – When choosing between standard and custom kitchen cabinets, one thing most people don’t realize is that custom cabinets offer much more surface area than their stock counterparts. That extra space allows you to install additional appliances like refrigerators, dishwashers and even ovens. Not only does this give you more work surfaces, but it also gives you an opportunity to customize them however you’d like.
- Better Lighting – One of the biggest complaints we hear from customers is that their current lighting isn’t bright enough. Choosing custom cabinets helps solve this problem by allowing you to pick from multiple light sources including recessed lights, pendants and track lighting. Thus, you are back in control, choosing precisely which fixtures best suit your needs.
- Quality Construction- Another benefit of installing custom cabinets is that they last longer and make the initial installation process easier. This is because they aren’t made out of a single material, they won’t chip as easily as stock cabinets. They also come pre-finished meaning you don’t have to worry about painting them yourself.
- Improved Appearance – Finally, custom cabinets provide a unique appearance unlike anything else. The design options available mean you can personalize your kitchen any way you’d like. From sleek modern lines or traditional wood finishes, you’re sure to find something that fits perfectly into your overall aesthetic.
Are Custom Cabinets More Expensive Than Stock Options?
When considering a remodel with custom kitchen cabinetry, you may wonder whether or not it would cost too much money. Maybe you’re looking to build a new home and are overwhelmed by all the choices available. Since the kitchen is by far one of the most important rooms in the house, one of your most impactful decisions will be whether to choose custom cabinetry over stock options.
While it may seem like an easy choice at first glance, the cheapest option isn’t always the most cost-effective option in the long run. If you want to get the most bang for your buck when building a brand-new home, then there are several things you should consider before making your final decision. Here are four reasons why going with custom kitchen cabinetry could actually save you money:
- You’ll Save Money on Labor Costs while saving valuable time- The average homeowner spends $2,000-$3,500 per year on labor costs alone. You may be wondering how custom cabinets could possibly be cost effective. The truth is when done right, choosing custom cabinets is much more efficient. Consider that cabinetry companies offer free estimates where they calculate exactly what it would take to complete your project based off of your measurements. Then once you agree upon a price range, they send someone right away to start working on your project. By doing this, you avoid paying for unnecessary materials and supplies, saving you big.
- You Can Choose Your Own Design – A major advantage of having custom cabinets installed is that you get to choose exactly what kind of look you want. Whether you prefer clean, minimalist styles or bolder patterns, you’ll be able to create a space that reflects your personality. When customers are satisfied with the design of their kitchen, they are more likely to keep the same cabinets for decades, saving you big on expensive remodels.
- It Will Last Longer and Be Easier to Maintain – Since custom cabinets are built using different materials such as glass, metal, stone, laminate, solid surface, veneers, etc., they tend to hold up better over time. In addition, since these types of materials require fewer finishing touches, maintenance costs should be lower.
- There Is No Need for Repairs or Replacements – Because custom cabinets are designed specifically for each individual customer, they rarely break down or wear out. As long as you maintain proper care and cleaning standards, you shouldn’t ever have to replace them again. Custom, quality craftmanship goes a long way and offers unparalleled durability compared to the stock cabinet options available.
If you’ve been thinking about adding some new custom cabinets to your kitchen, now’s the time to do it! Contact a reputable custom cabinetry company so you can collaborate with expert designers who can help you decide which type of custom cabinets would fit best within your budget and lifestyle.