It’s no secret that everyone loves a good carved pumpkin for the Halloween decoration. Forget the old ideas that you have been following year after year. Make use of your skills and ideas to create a spookier theme! There are plenty of ideas for the beginners. So no matter what your skill levels are, you are guaranteed to have the best creation this Halloween party. Each of the project should be scary as the next. Happy haunting!
- You can go for a classic jack with a happy four tooth smile and a triangle shaped nose. This traditional jack o pattern lantern has been popular since decades. As the design is simple and minimal, the carvings are easy to create. It is the best choice in case you are a beginner. Though it’s simple the classic expression is never going to be old.
- If you have little children in your home, who can get frightened by creepy faces, go for not-so -creepy illustrations. For example, you can carve out the design of some animal such as tiger or snake in your pumpkin lantern. An animal face is a nice change from the more frightening faces of Halloween.
- Light up your late night porch with the help of illuminated pumpkin carvings. First you need to carve a pattern which looks scary enough. Then add some candles inside your pumpkin. This will shine a yellow orange hue through your pumpkin and will make it look more scary.
- How about creating a theme using two pumpkins? Sounds cool right? All you need are two pumpkins and skeleton hands. Create a theme as if a person is just coming from under the ground!
- Try to create a theme that works as an attention grabber. You can simply take out the front skin of the pumpkin. Attach two eyeballs on the inner side. Make use of a skeleton hand to hold that removed part. It will look as if it had taken out the skin of its face! Do not forget to carve the eye sockets and nose on the removed part.
- Want to male your simple classic pumpkin lantern more spooky? Giving your pumpkin a more menacing expression adds a spooky feeling to your garden and porch. Evil shaped eyes, small horns and an extra wide smile will make your lantern look creepier.
- How about creating a theme of scary sights? Halloween is the scariest holiday of the year. These scared faced pumpkins will certainly attest to this from their frightful expressions.
- It’s true that carving a face looks fun and more scary. However words help to deliver more expression and drama. You can engrave some scary quote and light a candle inside to enlighten it.
- You can also create a theme of toothy grin! All you need to do is to keep the size of the teeth big. The menacing pumpkin will look even more scary with its icky, yellow and oversized teeth.
- How about a pumpkin family? You can make use of this idea to dress up your porch. Let everybody in the family carve their own pumpkin. You can also create a mixed theme by including name or letter carved pumpkin lanterns. Or you can simply create a title for your theme.
- To add variety in your decoration, indulge pumpkins of different sizes and shapes. This will prevent your theme from looking monotonous and boring!
- Give your pumpkin lantern by creating a ghostly expression. If you are hoping to scare off Halloween intruders, this trick will work the best. The frightful ghost pumpkin will use his menacing eyes and wicked grin to safeguard your garden or porch during ghostly times.
- Are you not well in carving? Don’t worry! You can even create your theme by simply painting on your pumpkins! You can paint a ghostly face or an abandoned house with a scary background. It will create a unique impression.
- Creating a happy face with definitely bring smile to everyone’s face on such an Occassion. Carve out a happy face with a wider smile and extra white teeth!