Tall indoor plants give a feeling of comfort. People have an ingrained need to surround themselves with tall plants. It provides a great way to add steep presence and height to our indoor surroundings. Tall indoor plants with big leaves create a natural indoor which help tap into the essence of outdoors. If you are worrying about a plant dying than don’t worry because there are hundreds of plants that grow indoor. Tall plants give a natural beauty to your house which no other artifacts can.
1. Norfolk Island Pine- Norfolk Island pine can grow up to several 100 feet (65 m) high. The benefit of planting this particular plant is that it is no immigrant to the indoors or economically high and readily available so, overall it is easy to care for. Although not a true pine, it does not mirror pine or spruce tree for that matter.
2. Yucca- Yucca is one of the tenacious plants that can be grown both indoor and outdoor. It has recently become popular for indoor growth. It needs sufficient light to grow and should not be watered heavenly. Though there is numerous plant that can grow easily there is generally only one popular array grown as an indoor vertical garden these days and that is Y. elephantipes.
3. Kentia palm (Howea forsteriana)- The Kentia palm is native to Lord Howe Island (Australia). It is quite an ordinary-looking house palm that does well in any environment, well if presented with enough light and it needs soggy soil in summer other than that it’s quite easy to grow.
4. Philodendron- There species is fill with varieties of Philodendron plants for example gloriosum, variifolium and many others. There are over 400 species of Philodendron. These plant does not need heaps of water but don’t let the soil dry up.
5. Polyscias (Ming Aralia)- Polyscias has unique leaves that can bring a personality to a dull room. It is low maintenance and at same time beautiful. For people without green fingers, this plant is ideal. It tolerates shade, requires occasional fertilizing and infrequent watering.
6. Croton (Codiaeum)
7. Ficus- There are multiple type of Ficus, Ficus benjamina being one of them which is famous for being an easy find and for being economically beneficial. Though it shed its leave easily which can be highly aggravating. So instead of this particular species many other varieties can be bought like Ficus Lyrta, Ficus ‘Alii’, Ficus ‘Amstel King’ and many more.
8. Schefflera (Umbrella Tree)- Like many other plants there are different varieties of Schefflera also one of them being Schefflera arboricola which is also vividly known as umbrella tree is well known indoor plant. Other being Schefflera actinophylla ‘Amate’ which is often being overlooked. It has large, banana-shaped leaves and can get tall real fast.
9. Fatsia Japonica (False Castor)
10. Adenium (Desert Rose)
11. Jade Plant (Crassula ovata)
12. Dracaena- Dracaenas are frequently known tall indoor plant. Esteemed for its domed shape, conciliate foliage. It’s popular because of its easier availability, economically advantageous and comparatively easier to care for. Another benefit of this plant is resilience of humidity, in addition to relatively low light.
13. Fiddle leaf fig
14. Monstera deliciosa
15. Palms- Palms has many varieties. It is quite complacent and many of them grow well in exposure to part or indirect sun. Many palms get quite tall in height but rather slowly and the most common of them are: – Date Palm, Washington Palm etc.
16. Ponytail Palm
17. Bird of Paradise- This plant is commonly known as Bird-of-paradise because of its exceptional flower. It has extraordinary blossom which is quite massive! The leaves of this plant are monstrous and can give a home very natural look. This plant thrive well indoors but requires 4-5 hours of sunlight daily.
19. Dragon Tree (Dracaena marginata)
20. European Olive (Olea europaea)- Olea europaea is widely known as European olive tree and it has also recognised with various other names like; brown olive, wild olive Iron tree, Indian olive, and Olienhout. This plant varies from size from 2 – 15 meters. Though this plant need lot of sunlight exposure in order to grow.
21. Rhapis Palm (Rhapis Excelsa)
There are many more plants to surround yourself with this were just a few example.