Most people do not like cleaning as a task because it requires so much effort and time. In this article, the professionals from Pristine Home share some valuable tips for efficient home cleaning. These tips can hopefully help you save time and make cleaning be less than a task.
1. Be organized and place all your cleaning tools and supplies in one area. Put a designated area for your cleaning tools and supplies. You can place them in one bucket and put it under the sink or in a closet, or in any place where it is easier to reach them. Whenever you need to clean, you can just grab the bucket and you are ready to go.
But of course, it is necessary to take extra precaution when you have kids at home. It is important to place all the cleaning chemicals with harmful substances in a place where children cannot reach them. You can also put safety markers or labels so your kids, or even an adult, won’t mess with them.
2. Choose the cleaning materials that work for you. You do not need to use multiple cleaning products when there are cleaning materials on the market that can do multiple jobs for you. Accordingly, check some cleaning products with multi-purpose. There are cleaning products that work for cleaning both the glass and floor surfaces. Practice purchasing this kind of product rather than buying two separate cleaning solutions.
You should do that same for cleaning tools. You do not need to use multiple tools to accomplish different tasks. Sometimes, one tool can be used for two or more purposes. Other cleaning companies are efficient in their service because they provide their employees with the right tools. Also, by doing this, you are not only saving time and space for storage, but you are also saving money.
3. Never miss an area for cleaning. Many, if not all of us, have a habit of cleaning the areas that are easily seen by visitors. But other areas of the house are equally important. A lot of homeowners tend to focus on the living room and dining room and tend to neglect the kitchen and bedroom. This should not be the case. We should always clean all areas of the house, whether seen by visitors or not.
We can start our day by organizing our bed. This should take less than five minutes of our day. By doing this as soon as we wake up, we have already accomplished one task even though we’re not aware that we are doing it as a task.
Also, you can wash the dishes as soon as you finish your meal. By doing the dishes in small batches, it actually takes less time to finish the task rather than stacking up the dishes. Remember to clean your dishwasher, too, to remove germs that might stick to it and eventually prevent the germs from moving to your dishwater to your dishes.
4. Having a plan to clean is better than cleaning mindlessly. Like all other tasks, cleaning is a process and it is better to have a system of cleaning to be efficient. You can start by decluttering first. It is easier to clean if you remove all the clutters lying around the house. Prepare containers and boxes to put the items and to sort them out. You can label each box so it would be easier to find stuff when you actually need them.
By decluttering, you are actually organizing your stuff. If there are certain items that you are certain that you would no longer use in the future, it is better to donate or throw them away for good so they will not take up so much space in your house.
5. You need to have a cleaning schedule. Some don’t like cleaning because it takes too much of their time and it requires so much effort. But cleaning doesn’t need to be too daunting of a task. Cleaning is actually a good exercise or a work-out routine. It can also be a family bonding if you involve everyone in the family and assign them tasks or areas to clean or organize.
You do not have to clean your whole house daily. You can just do small cleaning everyday to maintain your home and just schedule a cleaning day for other areas of your home.
Having a clean home can translate into a good life. Your home is your sanctuary so you need to make sure that you can rest and relax while at home. Cleaning and organizing your home need not be too daunting of a task if you have the right mindset and attitude about it. By having a schedule and having the right cleaning tools, these can actually make your cleaning efficient so you don’t need to spend much time doing it and you can have more time to spend with your family and loved ones.