Freestanding bathtubs aren’t new. They’ve been around for decades. Clawfoot tubs have been around since the 20th century until showers became more popular. These days, freestanding tubs are becoming more fashionable.
If you want to add a touch of luxury alongside a modern aesthetic to your bathroom, then you can’t go wrong with a freestanding bathtub.
What Are Freestanding Bathtubs?
Freestanding bathtubs, such as the Badeloft freestanding bathtubs, are designed to stand alone, without being attached to any of the walls. Traditional bathtubs are usually attached to the walls, on three sides. Alcove tubs are also available, which are attached to the wall on only one side.
A freestanding bathtub, on the other hand, isn’t attached to the wall at all. So you can place your freestanding bathtub in your bathroom, anywhere you like. You can place it close to the walls, or next to the window in your bathroom. Note, however, that the exact location you can place your freestanding bathtub in, will also depend on what kind of plumbing access you have. Normally, the plumbing for freestanding bathtubs comes through the floor.
But this allows you to be versatile regarding where you place your freestanding tub. If your bathroom already has a modern aesthetic – such as with bold colors and sharp lines, then a simple white bathtub might not suit your bathroom. But a freestanding tub might. Why is this? Let’s look at the three reasons why a freestanding bathtub goes well with a modern bathroom.
1. Large Number Of Options Available
When you’re choosing a freestanding bathtub, you’ll find that there are several options available to you. You can choose to get a fiberglass bathtub, one made of acrylic, or even cultured marble. You can get bathtubs made of copper, cast iron, and even cedar wood. This means that no matter what the design of your bathroom is, you can find a freestanding tub that goes perfectly with it.
Kinds Of Freestanding Tubs
These are the kinds of freestanding tubs that you can choose from:
- Single or double-ended tubs: You’ll get up to two ends that are sloped and rounded, to rest on. The plumbing for the single-ended tub comes from the opposite end, and for the double-ended tub, from the middle.
- Slipper tub: These tubs are shaped like shoes that are high-heeled. You can get both single and double slipper tubs.
- Pedestal tub: The tub rests on a base that is made to complement the design of the tub, perfect for modern bathrooms.
- Clawfoot tub: There are four feet that support the bathtub, which usually look like claws that are surrounding a ball.
- Corner tub: These kinds of freestanding tubs are triangular in shape. They have straight sides that are able to fit well into corners.
- Shower cum freestanding tub: Usually, showers don’t come with freestanding bathtubs. However, you can have the shower feature added to your freestanding bathtub.
- Soaking tub: These kinds of bathtubs are often oval as well as deep. When you’re sitting in the tub, the water should reach your shoulders.
- Jetted tub: These kinds of freestanding tubs are usually used in hydrotherapy.
2. Different Sizes Of Bathtubs Available
When getting freestanding bathtubs, the major advantage is that you can choose between varying sizes. No matter what kind of modern design your bathroom has, you should be able to find a tub that’s just the right size for it. Freestanding tubs tend to be deeper than regular alcove tubs. They can also be made to be both long as well as wider than traditional bathtubs.
Remember not to ask for a freestanding tub that’s too narrow, as these could be difficult to use.
3. Get A Luxury Feature That’s Affordable
Modern bathrooms tend to look luxurious. When selecting the right bathtub for your modern bathroom, a freestanding bathtub might be perfect. A freestanding bathtub is a luxury feature that’s available across all price ranges. So even if you’re on a budget, you should still be able to find the right freestanding bathtub for your home.
Freestanding bathtubs also tend to be deeper, so if you enjoy long soaks in your tub, you’ll love this design. There are also a large number of materials that you can get your freestanding bathtub built from. In general, freestanding bathtubs are available in various shapes and styles. From oval designs to rectangular ones, you can always find a freestanding bathtub that goes great with the style that your bathroom has. Now say that the freestanding tub you choose is made of a material that’s heavy, like cast iron. In this case, the floor of the bathroom should be able to support that weight.
Freestanding bathtubs make great additions to bathrooms that have modern designs. You can choose between a large number of materials as well as shapes, and get a touch of luxury added to your bathroom as well. If you have a bathroom with a modern aesthetic, then freestanding tubs can look better in it than traditional bathtubs. Use this guide to learn more about the different kinds of freestanding bathtubs available to you.